Saturday 1 October 2011

A Foxy Encounter

Yesterday, an amazing thing happened.

There is a baby Fox in our neighbourhood, who is as tame as a cat.
We met her yesterday, for the second time, in our garden, as we were soaking up the afternoon sunshine.
Apparently our cat Basil, has been spotted, by our neighbours, playing and flirting with this baby 
FOXY

on a number of occasions.
 

She (I call her a she, even though I haven't got the slightest clue as to which sex the Fox actually is) is absolutely gorgeous. Orange fur with white speckles. Clean and well looked after.
Alex told me that the lady who lives opposite us, has actually let her into her house, to fall asleep on her sofa!!!

 
When I first saw her I jumped out of my deck chair... there is something quite unpredictable and edgy about a wild animal, no matter how tame... but slowly, slowly, as the Fox came closer, without a care in the world and sat beside us, it became apparent that she wasn't going to leap at me and eat little Nina up.

Luca was immensely brave and Basil just approached the Fox nonchalantly. As if to say: 
"My dear young friend, welcome to my jardin".

A truly Fantastic Miss Fox!


No comments:

Post a Comment