Monday 16 July 2012

Crochet ZIG ZAG and more...

I have recently wallpapered one of the walls in my house.


It took a long long time to actually choose the pattern I wanted, and many hours of consulting with husband and friends... until I found this fabulous pattern by Sanderson at my friends shop Rectory Interiors.

I am so, so happy with it, it just gives such a dreamy feeling to my landing and stairs, in a way, I wish I could get away with doing the whole house! :-)

Also... my baby girl turned 10 months yesterday.
I can't believe how time is flying by. Running away with me. It's quite scary actually, when you realise how time seems to be going faster, the older we get.
There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything I want to be doing.

It makes me wonder what the heck I was doing with my life in my 20's, when I had ALL the time in the world to create, bake, crochet, paint, thrift, sew, write, read, decorate, blow dry my hair...


The biggest moment of realisation this week was that my son, only has 4 more days of Reception Class to go, before he's off on his first summer holiday.
He's almost completed a WHOLE year of school, and is now capable of reading, writing, adding, taking away... I mean... who would've thought is actually happened so quickly?
I am so proud of him.
He received such a wonderful school report.
"WAY TO GO LUCA!!!!"
I am incredibly proud to be his Mummy ("MUM" - yes, I know, Mummy was left behind a looooong time ago...), to see him turning into such an eloquent, emotionally mature, articulate, funny, kind and charming boy.
It brings tears to my eyes just writing this...

So, before I start blubbering, I am going to tell you about my recent crochet obsession:

The Crochet ZIG ZAG.


So easy to make, that I am now working 3 different blankets at the same time.

Here is how you do it.

Base. Chain the base of your blanket, as wide as you want, in multiples of 12.
 Chain 2 at the end (this counts as your first Double Crochet).
Turn.

Row 1. *Double crochet in each stitch (12 in total, including your first chain).
Chain 2.
Double Crochet in each stitch 12 times (starting in the same stitch as the last Double Crochet prior to the 2 chains).
Skip the next 2 stitches on your chain.
Double Crochet in each stitch 12 times**.
Carry on from * to ** until the end.
Chain 2 (this will be the first stitch of the next row).
Turn.

Row 2. *Double Crochet in each stitch (11 in total, including your first chain).
Double Crochet x 1 in the "hole" (which you created in the previous row by chaining 2) for the next stitch (your 12th)
Chain 2 (exactly over the previous row's chains).
Double Crochet x 1, in the same "hole" as the last Double Crochet.
1 Double Crochet in the next 11 stitches.
Skip 2 stitches**.

Carry on from * to ** until the end of the row.
Chain 2 (this will be the first stitch of the next row). 
Turn.
Carry on as above for all the next rows...
For as long as you want your blanket to be, changing colour as you wish and please.
You should start to see a pattern forming.
If you are confused, email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment